We want to provide you with the best holiday experience in the Bay of Plenty. To do this we believe it’s important to get to know our guests personally. Our friendly staff are dedicated to making sure your holiday goes as smoothly as possible.
We believe in ‘Manaakitanga’, which means being hospitable, looking after visitors and caring about how others are treated. We want you to feel welcome and at home during your time at Papamoa Beach Resort.
We’re committed to sustainable tourism and take steps every day to ensure the region’s best loved natural holiday spots are preserved for visitors to enjoyfor years to come. Come join us!
10 reasons to visit us:
- Absolute beachfront location
- A range of different accommodation options – from affordable camping to lazing in luxury
- We get to know you personally and care about making your holiday the best it can be!
- An ideal holiday destination – we’re right in the heart of Papamoa
- Great for large groups and conferences
- Kids love us – see what we have in store for them here
- Close to restaurants, cafés, and shopping
- Just 45-minutes’ drive to Rotorua
- We care about our environment and have an Enviro-Gold rating for commitment to sustainability
- Because we know you’ll love it!
What our Customers are saying
“We started coming to the camp 27 years ago. My children have grown up with holidays at Papamoa Beach Resort, and long may they continue.”
Sheryl and Harold McGull
Papamoa Beach Resort Sustainability
Everyone has the opportunity to be kaitiaki – guardians of the sky, the sea, and the land that surround us. Part of what makes Papamoa Beach so special is the natural environment, from the dunes to the ocean. At Papamoa Beach Resort, there are special efforts we have put in place to help ensure our land can be enjoyed for generations to come.
Kaitiakitanga – Guardianship of the Environment
Papamoa Beach Resort have undertaken initiatives to help protect our environment. We believe in the value of Kaitiakitanga, meaning guardianship and protection. We have made a promise to our environment and to you to act in a way that guards our environment.
Some of our initiatives include:
- A recycling bin system to help ensure waste is not always wasted
- Bins throughout the park to encourage our manuhiri (guests) to be good with their rubbish
- Sensor lighting in public spaces to save on power. Low watt led lightbulbs used throughout
- AdvanceNature Neutral cleaning products. These products improve indoor air quality and support a healthy environment. These products also use recyclable containers
- Switching to Forest & Bird New Zealand-made wellness products. Forest & Bird use recyclable plastics, biodegradable formulas, and donate a percentage of its value to Forest & Bird to support animals and wild places
- Offering guests a “No Service” option to reduce on washing
- All new equipment is energy and water efficient
- Energy efficient heat pumps
- Water flow restrictions on taps
- Timers on communal showers
- Lost property & bedding that is no longer needed is donated to charities
- Where possible, using local suppliers
- All future builds are to be built to a high standard using quality natural materials and double glazing
How You Can Get Involved
Visitors are encouraged to take the Tiaki Promise. This is a commitment to care for people and place, acting as a guardian by protecting and preserving our home.
Some practical ways you can get involved when staying at Papamoa Beach Resort include:
- Recycling your waste in our provided bins while staying
- When visiting the beach, leave only footprints. Take all waste with you
- Consider using our “No Service” option if staying more than one night to reduce washing
- When visiting Papamoa Beach, stick to the tracks and don’t walk on the dunes